Welcome to Calabar Forum, a non-profit organisation of Calabar (Efik, Efut & Qua) indigenes and their spouses who are resident in the United Kingdom, formed to promote, foster and encourage unity and to preserve our socio-cultural identity in the United Kingdom. We believe that there is a need for an effective organisation in the United Kingdom to represent and promote exclusively the interests and cultural values of those residents who are of Calabar origin or have affinity with such interests and values, and who believe in the integrity and well-being of Calabar. Hence, Calabar Forum was formed to address that need.
Calabar Forum aspires to be a non-profit organisation that promotes, encourages and preserves the cultural identity of Calabar indigenes resident in the United Kingdom through the active encouragement of its members to participate in various activities that would be beneficial to the social, cultural and economic development of the Calabar community
Aims and Objectives
It has been felt for some time that there is a need for an effective organisation in the United Kingdom to represent and promote exclusively the interests and cultural values of those residents who are of Calabar origin or have affinity with such interests and values, and who believe in the integrity and well-being of Calabar.
Principally, Calabar Forum shall be a cultural, social, recreational and philanthropic organisation whose objectives shall be as follows:
- To promote and perfect the social welfare of its members and associates.
- To promote any charitable purpose for the benefit of the Calabar community, both home and abroad.
- The forum shall be a non-political organisation.
- It shall not associate with any political group or organisation, except when it is raising or campaigning for an issue in pursuit or furtherance of any of its aims and objectives.
- It will hold social, cultural and other events to promote or bring about cohesion and cooperation amongst the members and their families, and thus strengthen their communal bonds.
- To help and to provide moral/financial support to members with commendable activities who, unfortunately, may be under predicaments such as distress, sickness, bereavement.
- It will cooperate with other organisations carrying out similar activities.
- It will promote mutual understanding and develop good relations with other sections of the community and their organisations.
- It will raise awareness amongst members of the Forum of their historical, social, and cultural heritage; and to cultivate pride amongst them of their roots, history and ancestral achievements.
- It shall procure and raise funds for the purpose of achieving its aims and objectives. NB: The Forum shall finance itself by way of dues, contributions, proceeds from functions/events, legacies or bequests only.
- The forum shall not be a profit-making organisation.