Eligibility for Membership
Membership shall be open to individuals who are resident in the United Kingdom and having either a parent or spouse of Calabar (Efik, Efut and Qua) origin.
Applicants shall be either male/female and must have attained a minimum age of eighteen.
All new applicants shall be introduced/sponsored by at least one existing member.
Monthly dues shall be £5
Members Rights and Responsibilities
- The right to have opinions heard and respected, to be informed of the Forum’s activities and values.
- The right to choose the executives of the Forum in a fair and democratic manner.
- The right to a full accounting of the Forum’s dues and the proper stewardship over the Forum resources.
- The right to have members’ concerns resolved in a fair and expeditious manner.
- The right to attend all General and AGM, EGM meetings and all cultural and social functions organised by the Forum.
- A member who is bereaved of his/her immediate family (mother, father, husband or wife) may receive financial support by the Forum and there may be additional contribution by members. The financial support will be given subject to verification.
- The rights and privileges shall only be given to financial members (i.e. members who have paid at least 75% of their dues at any one time).
- The right to be informed about the internal workings of the Forum and to participate in the conduct of the Forum’s affairs.
- The responsibility to contribute to the support of the Forum.
- The responsibility to treat all members fairly.
- The responsibility to offer constructive criticism of issues and if possible offer alternatives.
The Forum shall have the following executive officers;
- Vice President
- General Secretary
- Financial Secretary
- Welfare Officer
- Social Secretary
- Public Relations Officer
Eligibility for Executive Office
A member shall be eligible to contest for a executive post if:
He/She has been an active member for a period of not less than 12 months.
He/She has fulfilled ALL their financial and other obligations to the Forum.
There is no disciplinary sanction barring him/her from contesting.